The information below is from PSEG Long Island (15 Park Drive, Melville, NY, 11747)
PSEG Long Island has personnel on hand to deal with outages due to adverse weather conditions.
If you go out on the road during a storm, please drive carefully, particularly when near crews working to restore power. At home, make sure you have access to flashlights, a battery operated radio and extra batteries.
How to report an outage
If you lose power, please report it to us at any time using any of the following methods:
- Phone: 1-800-490-0075
- Mobile devices: Text "OUT" to PSEGLI (773454). You'll receive ongoing updates as the status of your outage changes. If you're not registered, text REG to PSEGLI (773454) or visit My Account.
- Online: www.psegliny.com/stormcenter
- Always assume ANY downed wire is live and stay away from it.
- Report downed wires to us immediately at 1-800-490-0075.
- Make sure to check for wires in areas where children are playing.
- Never use your oven or range top to heat your home and if using a generator, operate it only outdoors.
For more safety tips, visit our website here.
Keeping you informed is important to us. At www.psegliny.com, on your computer or mobile device, you can find updates about outages and power restoration throughout our service territory.
We also provide updates on Twitter at http://twitter.com/PSEGLI.
Our dedicated workforce will work around the clock responding to any power outages that occur. And remember that safety is always the only choice.
To view this information on the PSEG web page, go here.