Frequently Asked Questions

1. Do I need a permit to take down a tree in Munsey Park?
Yes – living or dead, by a Munsey Park licensed arborist. Please call the Village Hall for a copy of our new tree law. 

2. Do I need a permit to paint my house?
A permit is not required when painting your home “same for same”.  If you are changing the color, you must file a permit. 

3. What are the office hours?
Monday – Friday 9:00am-4:00pm.  On Friday's from Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day weekend, Village Hall will close at 12noon.

4. Do I need a permit to do a garage or yard sale?
No. A permit is not required.  However, signs are not permitted.

5. Can I blow leaves or snow into the road for the Village crew to pickup?
No. There is a fall schedule for pick up of bagged leaves, if you are doing your own yard work.

6. Can I get a handicap parking permit at Village Hall?
Yes – only if you are a resident of Munsey Park.

7. Can a dog run loose in the Village or parks?
No – all dogs must be on a leach and you must pick up after the dog. Doggie bags are available at the entrance of both parks.

8. Where can I get a parking sticker for the Manhasset railroad? 
Please call 516-627-7711.

9. When are my Village taxes due? 
Once a year in the month of June. The deadline for receipt of Tax payments is July 1st.  Tax notices are sent out by the village. 

10. What do I need to put in central air-conditioning?
You need to file a permit with the Village.

11. Do I need a permit to change my front door or windows?
Yes – you do need a permit and if it is different than the original it will be reviewed by the Building Advisory committee.

12. Do I need a permit to put in a sprinkler system?
Yes, you need to file for a permit with the Manhasset-Lakeville Water District and then apply to the Village of Munsey Park for a permit.

13. Do I need a permit for replacement of my driveways or walkways?

14. Who do I call if I see a raccoon or other wild animal during the day?
1-800-raccoon (Able Wildlife, Inc.) or the Board of Health at 516-571-3678.

15. I want to replace my leaders & gutters. Do I need a permit?

16. Can I have a basketball hoop on my property?
Basketball hoops and poles in a front yard require permission of the Board of Trustees. For more information, please refer to section 200-41 of the Village Code or contact the Village office.

17. When is my garbage picked up and by whom?  Meadow Carting has been contracted by the Village.  Their number is 516-338-0121. 

18Can my contractor work on my home on Veteran's Day?  Work cannot be done by contractors on Federal Holidays per Village Code. (New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr., President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day)