1. Do I need a permit to take down a tree in Munsey Park? Yes – living or
dead, by a Munsey Park licensed arborist. Please call the Village Hall for a
copy of our new tree law.
2. Do I need a permit to paint my house? You can paint your house – no
permit is required.
3. What are the office hours? Monday – Friday 9:00am-4:00pm
4. Do I need a permit to do a garage or yard sale? No –BUT NO SIGNS ARE
5. Can I blow leaves or through snow into the road for the Village crew to pickup?
NO. there is a fall schedule for pick up of bagged leaves, if you are
doing your own yard work.
6. Can I get a handicap parking permit at Village Hall? Yes – only if you are a
resident of Munsey Park.
7. Where can I obtain a new recyclable can? At Village Hall for $20.00
8. Can a dog run loose in the Village or parks? NO – all dogs must be on a
leach and you must pick up after the dog. Doggie bags are available at the
entrance of both parks.
9. Where can I get a parking sticker for the Manhasset railroad? Please call
10. When are my Village taxes due? Once a year in the month of June.
Tax notices are sent out by the village.
11. What do I need to put in central air-conditioning? You need to file a permit
with the Village. Please be aware that the compressor must be in the rear
of the house and surrounded with shrubs. If you need to place it on a sideyard,
you would need to go for a variance.
12. Do I need a permit to change my front door or windows? Yes – you do
need a permit and if it is different than the original it will be reviewed by
the Building Advisory committee.
13. Do I need a permit to put in a sprinkler system? Yes, you need to file for a
permit with the Manhasset-Lakeville Water District and then apply to
the Village of Munsey Park for a permit.
14. Do I need a permit for replacement of my driveways or walkways? Yes
15. Who do I call if I see a raccoon during the day? 1-800-raccoon or the
Board of Health at 516-571-3678.
16. I want to replace my leaders & gutters. Do I need a permit? Yes
17. Can I have a basketball hoop or lacrosse net on my property? Yes as long
as the equipment is movable. If it is a permanent installation you will need
to submit the location to the village.